Lemstra Van der Korst N.V.
- What personal data we process and how they are obtained by us;
- For which purposes and on what legal basis we process personal data;
- With whom we share your personal data;
- How long we retain your personal data;
- Your rights with respect to your personal data; and
What personal data do we process and how are they obtained by us?
Personal data are all information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Among the personal data we can process are:
- Basic data such as your first and last name, any middle names, title;
- Contact details, such as your e-mail address, postal address and telephone number;
- Personal data you have provided to us for the purpose of attending events or meetings, such as anydietary requirements and mobility issues;
- Personal data you have provided to us in the context of an application, such as your first and last name,date of birth, address, telephone number, nationality, civil status as well as any other personal dataprovided in the course of your application; and
- All other personal data related to you, which you have provided to us or which we may obtain from youfor the purposes and on the basis as set forth below.We collect these personal data because you have provided these to us, or because these have been provided to us on your behalf, or because we have obtained these in the context of providing our services, or because these were disclosed to us by third parties (including counterparties), or because these have been disclosed to us through public sources. For example, you provide data when entering into an agreement, by presenting your business card to us, or by applying for a position. We can also obtain your personal data from other sources, such as from another lawyer, foreign or otherwise, from a counterparty, from the Trade Register, from the Land Registry or by making use of (public) sources.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
Among the purposes for which LVDK may use your personal data are the following:
- Providing our legal services in the broadest sense;
- Sending our invoices;
- Mediation and referrals;
- Complying with our legal and statutory duties;
- Marketing and communication activities, such as invitations to attend an event or sending small Christmas gifts;
- Offering you our parking service; and
- Recruiting and selecting, as well as processing your application or entry for an event.We process your personal data on one or more of the following grounds:
- A legitimate interest;
- Performance of an agreement;
- Complying with a statutory duty; and
- Your consent.
Sharing personal data
In certain cases we can share your personal data with third parties, including, but not limited to:
- Third parties, such as regulators and other authorities, in order to comply with statutory duties;
- Third parties that are relevant to the legal services that we provide, such as counterparties, lawyers, courts of law, regulatory bodies, government institutions and experts whose services we may use for thepurpose of carrying out, or having carried out, court-ordered expert examinations; and
The security of your personal data
LVDK attaches great importance to the security and protection of your personal data and, having regard to the state of the art, will ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to guarantee a level of protection consistent with the risk involved, while we aim to ensure a secure transfer of your personal data from your computer to our servers. LVDK has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. In the event that LVDK makes use of the
services of third parties, such an IT provider, it will within the context of the protection of personal data conclude a processing agreement in which arrangements providing for adequate security measures are laid down.
A request to inspect, rectify, restrict, oppose or transfer data, to delete your personal data or to withdraw your earlier permission, may be sent to Lemstra Van der Korst N.V., Prins Hendriklaan 16, 1075 BC Amsterdam or to email@example.com. You will receive a reply to your request within four weeks from receipt.
Circumstances may occur as a result of which LVDK will not be able to comply with your request in your capacity as a data subject, or not in full, such as a lawyer’s duty of confidentiality and statutory retention periods.
Lastly, you are entitled to file a complaint with the Nederlandse Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority).
LVDK is entitled to amend this privacy statement from time to time. Our privacy statement may be viewed on our website (https://lvdk.com/). We advise you to do so regularly, but in any case whenever you provide personal data to LVDK.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact Lemstra Van der Korst N.V., Prins Hendriklaan 16, 1075 BC Amsterdam or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amsterdam, 6 February 2019